If you’re looking for an Idaho town with some surprising stories, Payette is the place to be! This small town has a rich history, and there are plenty of places to explore. Here are some of the most unexpected things about Payette, Idaho:
– The city of Payette was once home to a successful racehorse named Oldfield. He won many races and even set a world record!
– The town’s founder, David S. Lamme, was quite the character. He was known for his tall tales and practical jokes.
– Payette is home to one of Idaho’s oldest buildings, the Payette courthouse. It was built in 1864 and is still in use today!
– There are several ghost stories associated with Payette. One of the most famous is the story of the “white lady” who is said to haunt the Payette cemetery.
– If you’re looking for a unique dining experience, Payette has several restaurants including the world-famous Huckleberry’s, The Payette Grill, and Kimball’s Kitchen.
Whether you’re looking for a place to explore or just want to learn more about Idaho history, Payette is worth a visit. There’s plenty to see and do in this small town, and you’re sure to find something unexpected around every corner!